If you want to plan a route it can be accomplished in two ways.
Using Open Street Maps
- Head over to Open Route Service
- Zoom to the place where you want to start your walk
- Select whether you want to walk, cycle, etc by clicking on the relevant icon
- Return to the map, right click and select Set as starting Point
- Now move to the next point and right click and select Add a Waypoint
- Now keep going until the final point when you select Set as final destination
- Now select the options button (top left hand corner). A new menu will open on the left and you select Import/Export – download gpx
- You have created your path and you can now upload using the Interactive Mapping Plugin
For more information visit How to plan a route using Open Street Maps
To purchase the Interactive Mapping WordPress Plugin
This advanced plugin updates the existing plugin. It includes the following features:
Legend auto creation
Import of GPX co-ordinates to render a path on a map.
A polyline is a connected sequence of line segments created as a single object. You can create straight line segments, arc segments, or a combination of the two. Basically a series of points indicated on the map using Latitude and Longitude. Very useful for indicating a walking route.